We're hiring farm team members!
Here at Excelsior Farm we run operations with the help of a small, close-knit team. We employ 3 team members during our main growing season.
We try our best to create a fun, interactive, fast-paced work atmosphere on our small farm and look for enthusiastic, hard-working people to join our team.
We are currently accepting resumés for the upcoming season. We are usually able to employ team members from early May through the end of October. Sometimes the season is longer, but that is dependent on the weather.
Please note: We do not offer on-farm housing.
The following requirements apply for team members at Excelsior Farm. All employees must:
– Have a valid drivers license and dependable transportation to get to work on time (7:30 AM).
– Be able to work 32-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
– Be able to commit to staying the duration of the season (the beginning of May through the end of October).
– Be physically fit and able to lift up to 40 lbs unaided.
– Provide their own comfortable, rubber boots to work in.
– Work well as a team member and independently.
– Bring their own lunch every day.
No farm experience required, though it doesn't hurt. All employees will be trained for their position on the job.
Farm team member's tasks will include, but not be limited to:
– Helping with Harvest
– Washing Salad Greens
– Washing Harvest Totes
– Seeding Microgreens
– Packaging Salad Greens
– Labeling Packaging
– Helping in the field.
If you would like to be considered for hire please send an email with a resumé attached to:
Jeremy will contact you to confirm that he received your email and resumé.
After that point you may be invited to an on-farm tour and interview which lasts about 1 hour. All interviews are conducted from March 15th- 30th. Hiring decisions are made in April.
Thank you for your interest in our farm!